Building My Brick House - From Foundation to Roof Construction - Video

JOE JET

• Editors

This project is very dear to my heart because it's about my countryside property. In this video I show you 4 months worth of work in 25 minutes. This video covers every steps of the house project starting with the foundation up to the first floor and the roof. 

As you will see in the video I used a lot of concrete and rebars for the house structure. The brick walls are 12" wide for a nice insulation during the winter. I used 10 to of rebars and 3500 cubic ft of concrete. 

I have put a lot of time and effort in this project as I spent over 4 months supervising the brick house construction. In addition, I spent other 6 months planning and preparing this project (working closely with the architect, the legal permits, selecting the contractor, buying the materials and so on).

This is PART 1 of the brick house construction. In PART 2 of the project I will show how I finished the interior and the exterior of the brick house. 

I designed the house having in mind a Mediterranean theme, therefore the generous arches to the front porch and the roof style. In addition, I have chosen simple light colors to highlight the architectural elements of the house. 

I would love to see your opinions regarding my project. If you have questions regarding my brick house construction, feel free to leave them below. I will answer everything 🙂